Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G Flex 2 for € 279.99

Options
  • 28-12-2015 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 29

56% off online at Expansys.

Not a bad price consider it was still one of a premium phone of this year. It's the lower end 16GB model though so only have 2GB RAM instead of 3GB for the 32GB version.

expansys.ie/lg-g-flex2-16gb-black-272955/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

I started looking into this phone a few days ago. Here's my (possibly somewhat misinformed) impression of it.

It's about as good as the LG G3. This offer price seems to be its usual current price. There were overheating issues with its Snapdragon 810 chip on launch. I believe this was "solved" by more aggressively throttling the chip, so that it wouldn't overheat.

Whatever way LG implemented android, users report a sometimes annoyingly sluggish experience - despite the phone's decent spec. Also disappointing is the efficiency of its 3000 mAh battery - just about lasting a day (at least at launch).

On forums dedicated to the device, people don't seem too optimistic about the future of the G Flex 2. The device didn't really take off (due to the issues with the chip), and LG have said they have no intention of making a G Flex 3. It's supposedly getting the Marshmallow update, as LG stated that all their high-end 2015 models would, but things have been quiet on that front since the announcement.

That said, I kinda dig the phone and might pick it up, just not at this price.

Advertisement