Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Damien--A&E--US Pace. (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 27-12-2015 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭

A&E have done a fine job with an updated version of Psycho in Bates Motel this time they turn there hand to The Omen.

https://twitter.com/AETV/status/679436504981196801?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

"Damien" follows the adult life of Damien Thorn, the mysterious child from the 1976 motion picture who has grown up seemingly unaware of the satanic forces around him. Haunted by his past, Damien must now come to terms with his true destiny -- that he is the Antichrist.

Comic Con Trailer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

New Trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,376 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Just heads up this starts tomorrow night in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

So 3 episodes in and it's definitely a grower. The Gregorian chanting is a bit OTT, but the story is really good. There is something Final Destination-ish about waiting for the next gruesome death. Will we get anything like the elevator cable from Omen 2?

Bradley James is doing a decent job, and Barbara Hershey is playing her role really well (68! Yikes!)
    Good to see Scott Wilson back on TV too.

It's also worth mentioning the excellent nods towards the original movie too.

Worth a look if you haven't seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,660 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah after a slow start I think it's starting to get into it's groove now. The latest episode was more gruesome than I expected based on the previous deaths so I think it'll go places. Agreed, I'd never twig Barbara Hershey for 68!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

I agree that Bradley James is doing a fine job here, I liked him in iZombie too, where his role was too short.

And Barbara Hershey, oh my gods....

It also starts growing on me, but they could be doing a better job giving some of the other characters a better background story.

Yes I guess there is no need to introduce a character if it is going to die quickly, but for example the fact that we learned more about the knife yielding killer after the fact is not the best.

Anyhow, let's see if it can grow further or will become repetitive quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Finished it this morning. The last couple of episodes were very dark. The setup for season 2 was very good, but I think there is little chance of it happening. A shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Canceled unfortunately by A&E and it does not look like they are trying to shop it around, especially given that Lifetime originally passed on it

https://twitter.com/glenmazzara/status/733776526928285696

• Registered Users Posts: 85,413 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FOX UK - Damien will premiere on Thursday January 28th at 9pm

Advertisement