Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sketch (RTE)

Options
  • 27-12-2015 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

I wondered why this was being put on at 11.55 and after watching five mins I could see why. RTE were trying to bury it. Why they put the money up for it in the first place I have no idea. I know two of the people who are in this so I gave it a fair chance but was not the least bit funny. Assume this was made to make use of RTE Cork.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I wondered why this was being put on at 11.55 and after watching five mins I could see why. RTE were trying to bury it. Why they put the money up for it in the first place I have no idea. I know two of the people who are in this so I gave it a fair chance but was not the least bit funny. Assume this was made to make use of RTE Cork.

Any links?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

darkdubh wrote: »
    Any links?

Sketch!
    (as not recommended by spektorfive)

Cork-based sketch show, featuring famous faces, local hipsters, Conor McGregor as you have never seen him before and much more.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/sketch-30003759/10509705/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭brian_t

RTE were trying to bury it.

Unfortunately I don't think they were. They are repeating in an earlier time-slot on Monday 4th Jan.

It's very poor but I'm not a fan of any of RTE2s' comedy output.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

brian_t wrote: »
    Sketch!
    (as not recommended by spektorfive)

Cork-based sketch show, featuring famous faces, local hipsters, Conor McGregor as you have never seen him before and much more.

http://www.rte.ie/player/ie/show/sketch-30003759/10509705/

I'm no fan of McGregor and he badly needs the piss taken out of him,but that was shockingly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I too was confused as to why they put it on at such a late hour, especially given that the TV listings for that hour were hardly chocka block with entertainment. But if it was all as poor as that Conor McGregor sketch, then I'm glad I didnt watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

No, this is smarter than the usual comedy RTE allow to be broadcast. At least there's a bit more character humour going on than the usual parish pump "jaysus, isn't Marty Morrisey weird lookin'?" kind of thing, paddywhackery stuff. Not that it's free of that by any means, though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

Don't get that Macgregor sketch at all.Is that a woman playing him?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,788 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Didn't see it but that McGregor sketch looks awful.

Republic of Telly did a decent enough pisstake of McGregor recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Don Glove

This was an idiot move by RTE and a waste of everyone involved.

Every year they promise to nurture new talent and every year they pick some eager randomers and throw together some half-assed pilot with no-experienced comedy-makers involved. The result is always a disaster that does those those involved damage. RTE get to claim they "tried" new talent but instead they'll go to series with the lame Jennifer Maguire vehicle they were always going to go with.

Sketch had some decent filmmakers and performers involved but no actual comedy writers or script editors. In the UK or the US, new talent is ALWAYS paired with veteran comedy makers to create he best shot at a decent series. RTE (well, Eddie Doyle the head-of-comedy-for-life) always doom these things to fail by throw the new talent to the wolves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Don't get that Macgregor sketch at all.Is that a woman playing him?

I actually kinda liked it.

It was just a bizarre take on the guy which can sometimes be funnier than someone trying to imitate them exactly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

i enjoyed a lot of it

Advertisement