Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incontrovertible (2015) - New 9/11 Documentary by Tony Rooke

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Quite a good film. Quite somber but given the subject matter, i'd prefer it to some of the more 'hollywood' type documentaries.

I learned very little new info but the interviews were good. A lot of faces that havent cropped up 100 times before.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

I managed to track down that Dispatches program that was referenced in the film (during the discussion about Yvonne Fletcher).

http://www.sott.net/article/236576-Murder-in-St-James-Square-The-Death-of-Yvonne-Fletcher

Edit: I managed to pull the downloadable FLV (flash video) file from the HTML source code of that web page. Click on the link below to download the film and watch it in VLC. Right Click on the link and choose Save As.. Just to note that the file is 331MB in size.

http://media.sott.net/Yvonne%20Fletcher_%20Murder%20In%20St.%20James.flv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,277 ✭✭✭DamagedTrax

Great stuff. The 9/11 docu piqued my interest in this case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

Very disappointed in Incontrovertible. I usually judge 9/11 documentaries like this by asking the question "If I was coming cold to this 9/11 conspiracy thing, is there anything in this that would convince me". Now this is MY standard, and Tony Rooke obviously has a different agenda. But I dont see any point in doing another 9/11 documentary, with the same regurgitated clips, unless you plan on delivering the message in a more digestible manner or at least offering something different!

So, after watching several images of PCs on the beach and the stock clips of Building 7, I was surprised to look down at my watch and see the opening credits started rolling 15 minutes in to the film. At this point I was thinking "okay, he's gonna focus on Building 7", which he pretty much did for the first half hour. But it was at this point in his knitting that Tony Rooke changed from an Arran sweater to a scarf, and then to a tea cosy...

After thirty minutes, he introduced us to Daniele Ganser (who btw is probably my favourite and the most credible person in the truth movement) who gave us five minutes on put options. This was followed shortly after by the usual discussion of freefall collapse, then it jumped to a discussion of the death of Yvonne Fletcher... then a discussion of the death of MLK with Cynthia McKinney (another favourite truther of mine)... then an interview with Pentagon survivor April Gallop .. then a discussion of Tony Rooke's case against the BBC... I was so dizzy at this point I felt like I'd been a passenger on one of Hani Hanjour's training flights.

The 9/11 whistle stop tour continued with an interview with Ken O'Keeffe.. followed by a man whose ex-military son committed suicide, and ending on some Italian man who I watched twice and still didnt comprehend. At the end of it all, I am left with the question: What point was he trying to make? And I still dont know.

On a final point. The man doing voiceover adopted the tone of the sarcastic, disparaging butler from a 1980s British sitcom. I dont like being told how to think, and commentary like "BBC a whore for american politicians" and references to David Cameron being "stomach churning" and Tony Blair "is a b*stard" really dont pull me on board. This isnt the schoolyard and I would have expected that if Tony Rooke was gonna invest his time in this project then he would provide us with something of more substance than mere namecalling.

So there you go, yes I have had a few, and I give it a 3/10.

Advertisement