Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NAC pricing over Christmas?

Options
  • 26-12-2015 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm home for Christmas with my folks and very close to the NAC. I often swim there when I'm back home, and know they have different prices for different times during the day & week.
    But I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about whether there are any cheaper prices over the Christmas period, or is it full price all the time?
    I see in their timetable that the competition pool is open from 9am on Monday, but the fun bit, AquaZone, isn't open until 10am. If I were to rock up at 9, is there a reduced price since the full facility isn't open?
    €14.50 is very steep just for a lap swim, and the other pool nearby (Coolmine) is closed until January 2nd.
    Any experiences welcome, and thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

gutenberg wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm home for Christmas with my folks and very close to the NAC. I often swim there when I'm back home, and know they have different prices for different times during the day & week.
    But I was wondering if anyone could enlighten me about whether there are any cheaper prices over the Christmas period, or is it full price all the time?
    I see in their timetable that the competition pool is open from 9am on Monday, but the fun bit, AquaZone, isn't open until 10am. If I were to rock up at 9, is there a reduced price since the full facility isn't open?
    €14.50 is very steep just for a lap swim, and the other pool nearby (Coolmine) is closed until January 2nd.
    Any experiences welcome, and thanks.

I'm open to correction but the competition pool is "only" €7-8 for a swim. That higher price I guess might include aqua zone and/or gym.

Still too expensive but better than €14

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Seanie_H wrote: »
    I'm open to correction but the competition pool is "only" €7-8 for a swim. That higher price I guess might include aqua zone and/or gym.

Still too expensive but better than €14

Thank you. I usually get the student discount when there so hopefully it applies. I've realised they're open tomorrow so I might try phoning and ask. Will post to update, but if anyone knows anything further in the meantime that'd be great :)

For anyone interested:

I just phoned them and sure enough, if you arrive at 9am you "only" pay 7.50 to use the competition pool, so I shall be doing that, and I will try get their student discount too. It's in the fifty-metre format for the next while, so it'll be a chance to get some distance work in I suppose.

7.50 is still outrageous for a swim though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Wish I'd known that; was in Dublin for last few days and was shocked at how hard it was to find public hours in a pool. Considered NAC but €38 for me and two kids to lap swim wasn't going to happen.

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Wish I'd known that; was in Dublin for last few days and was shocked at how hard it was to find public hours in a pool. Considered NAC but €38 for me and two kids to lap swim wasn't going to happen.

Good to know for the future I suppose! :) Aside from the price, it was also a good idea to go early also from the swimming point of view: as I was finishing up my session (around 10am) the public lanes were becoming noticeably busier. It didn't help that they only had 3-4 lanes for the public, as the rest was reserved for club swimming, but it being in the fifty-metre format meant people could spread out a bit more versus a 25-metre!

• Advertisement
Advertisement