Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S4 woe

Options
  • 26-12-2015 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

So early today while I was on Facebook, my S4 just instantly died on me. I didnt have a low battery and no warning message was displayed. Afterwards the screen felt very hot. I have tried removing the battery holding down power button for 1 mintute then putting it on charge again etc. The phone wont switch on, the usual recharging light doesnt come on, the screen remains blank. Any suggestions , I am hoping its a battery fault rather than a phone fault.

Also I bought it out of cex about 4 months ago. Anyone have any experience of bringing a phone back to cex while still under warranty but after the initial 28 days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Is the battery bulging? Put it on a flat table and see if it spins around easy, try both sides. If it is, you need a new battery.

Usually if the battery is very dead it can take a good few minutes to be able to work normally again so leave it plugged in longer and see if it starts working.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Already checked the battery straight as ever. See the battery was at 30% when the phone died but ill let it charge for longer and check it every 5 mins to make sure its not getting too hot.

Advertisement