Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcend 1TB 2.5" USB 3.0 Military-Grade Shock Resistance HD - €50.92 [Amazon UK]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Anyone have one of these ?

Was going to pull the trigger but not familiar with the brand and read some. mixed reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

TheSheriff wrote:
    Anyone have one of these ?

TheSheriff wrote:
    Was going to pull the trigger but not familiar with the brand and read some. mixed reviews

I do yeah, had it the last couple of years. Fast and reliable so far anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Cheers op, bought one, was keeping an eye for decent 500gb hard drive but this price for 1tb seems excellent.
    Now to pick up a USB plug, anyone know where I can get cheap one?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,991 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

11 minutes left on that deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Dard23 wrote: »
    I do yeah, had it the last couple of years. Fast and reliable so far anyway!

+1

Got this for about 50 sterling a few years back and can't fault it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Deal seems to be running all day, just ends then restarts again

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Do you think this will give good USB 2.0 write speeds aswell? At least 10 mb/sec needed...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

septicsac wrote: »
    Deal seems to be running all day, just ends then restarts again

Looks like it's over now, was a favourite buy afaik, in last yr's Black Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Picked one up in the end

Thanks OP. Was looking for a harddrive lately and was torn between a few of the different western digital ones.

For the price however and the added protection this seemed good.

Cheers !!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭pacino

For me it says it doesn't ship to Ireland when I get to checkout.
    TheSheriff wrote: »
    Picked one up in the end

Thanks OP. Was looking for a harddrive lately and was torn between a few of the different western digital ones.

For the price however and the added protection this seemed good.

Cheers !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

pacino wrote: »
    For me it says it doesn't ship to Ireland when I get to checkout.

The Lightning deal is over, but if you still want it - http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B005MNGQ6C/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Mine arrived today. I was hoping to use it with my cloud ibox 2 plus satellite receiver so I could record some TV programmes. But I don't think there's enough power coming from the box. Works fine on the laptop. Anyone know how I can power this up while keeping it connected to my ibox?

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Also got mine, just using it as a hard drive for the TV to play films / tv series etc. Works fine powered just by usb, good solid case on it. It is a bit bigger than the likes of the seagate or WD equivalent but thats really down to the protective case. Warranty until 2019 when you sign up online also

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

toby2111 wrote: »
    Mine arrived today. I was hoping to use it with my cloud ibox 2 plus satellite receiver so I could record some TV programmes. But I don't think there's enough power coming from the box. Works fine on the laptop. Anyone know how I can power this up while keeping it connected to my ibox?

Try a USB Y Cable.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Storite-USB-3-0-Power-SuperSpeed-BLACK/dp/B00IP8QIUK

I just linked to that for reference, you may finde it cheaper elsewehere.

Thanks Allyall, you're a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭greasepalm

one thing with usb powered drive is it may keep spinning and could burn out ports on sat/cable boxes as it happened others
    i would be using externally powered which goes to sleep when not in use.

greasepalm wrote: »
    one thing with usb powered drive is it may keep spinning and could burn out ports on sat/cable boxes as it happened others
    Got a link to one that you'd recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

greasepalm wrote: »
    Oh crap is that true? Even when the box is in standby?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh crap is that true? Even when the box is in standby?

Depends on the box- in general I'd recommend a complete power down- not a standby.......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭greasepalm

if its a sat or cable box you cannot power down if you have autobouquet maker and epg loading early morning onto box.
    the external one i have is a 2tb externally powered Toshiba HDWC120EW3J1 from power city cheaper now in the sales
    bigger there is 3tb Toshiba HDWC130EW3J1

most other boxes in use have internal hdd.

i had a 750 gb toshiba portable hdd and the light was on all the time.now connected to pc.

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=30-55-996861

• Advertisement
Advertisement