Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EV owners in N.I. get council ing? Not good news

Options
  • 26-12-2015 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭

April 2015,"A spokesperson for the Dept of Rural Development said"The off street parking Order (N.I) was updated in 2012 to include the Enforcement of Illegal Parking in electric vehicle bays owned by the DRD. But responsibility for said car parks transferred to Councils on 21 st April.
    It is Illegal for ordinary cars to park on the electric bay in Shimna Rd, (Newcastle),previously owned by the DRD.
    18th Dec 2015, Courtesy of Sean Rogers MLA, N.I. Assembly, "I have been continuing to pursue the e car situation with the Council, (Newry/Mourne), as they now have the remit of off street parking. I received a Reply from Canice O'Rourke, Dir of Regulatory and technical Services, Ms O'Rourke has advised the following."
    "We (the Council) will not be able to deal with enforcement on e-car spaces in isolation of the larger piece of work that we need to complete on the whole area of how councils set about monitoring and managing the use of car parks ..." this is a very complex piece of work that we have to be agreed and completed in cooperation with The Other 10 Councils, due to the nature of the existing contracts."

Advertisement