Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

facetime issue

Options
  • 26-12-2015 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭

hey folks, happy christmas boardsies!!

so got the parents iphones for xmas.. an issue I've discovered is when i try call them via facetime when the phones are in standy they will not connect.. they only use wifi i have cellular data off as they dont have a data plan to cover them. from a quick google search it appears when the iphone is in standy mode it disconnects from the wif, so when i try call it wont connect unless they are out of standy

think this maybe a bug with ios 9.2 because this didnt happen before hand with another family members phone with same setup

any help would be appreciated cheers ;)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

hey folks, happy christmas boardsies!!

so got the parents iphones for xmas.. an issue I've discovered is when i try call them via facetime when the phones are in standy they will not connect.. they only use wifi i have cellular data off as they dont have a data plan to cover them. from a quick google search it appears when the iphone is in standy mode it disconnects from the wif, so when i try call it wont connect unless they are out of standy

think this maybe a bug with ios 9.2 because this didnt happen before hand with another family members phone with same setup

any help would be appreciated cheers ;)

Have you tried using capital letters and punctuation? It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

naasrd wrote: »
    Have you tried using capital letters and punctuation? It makes it so much more interesting for the reader.

Really is that all you can contribute, why bother at all..

Presumably to get your post count up! Fool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Not sure, but you might want to get them a SIM card. Would solve the problem as well as emails etc not coming in.

Zcott wrote: »
    Not sure, but you might want to get them a SIM card. Would solve the problem as well as emails etc not coming in.

Thank you for replying. They both have brand new sim's in the phones, I think this is might be a bug in iOS 9.2.

Does it work with data turned on?

• Advertisement

Zcott wrote: »
    Does it work with data turned on?

Yes works with cellular data enabled. It also works when phone is on wifi with cellular off, problem occurs when phone is in standby

Could be an older router that doesn't support low power N mode?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Set them up with two 48months €10 plan SIM cards. 300 mins, unlimited texts and whatsapp and 1gb of data, problem sorted.

Advertisement