Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS-250 battery replacement

Options
  • 25-12-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭

Of course, the thing decides to throw a battery voltage fault on Christmas Eve of all times ;)

Anyway, I'll get a new one when the shops reopen, but is there anything specific I should be aware of? I have the engineer's code, so no worries about tamper alarms or suchlike, but are there any issues with it losing settings or anything if both mains and battery power is lost, or are those backed some other way, or stored in non-volatile memory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

If it only showed up today I wouldn't worry about it just yet. The only problem you could possible have is if there's a power cut the battery won't run the alarm for very long.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also check the battery charge voltage on the leads when you remove the battery. It's a well known issue with these panels that the battery charge drops over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KoolKid wrote: »
    Also check the battery charge voltage on the leads when you remove the battery. It's a well known issue with these panels that the battery charge drops over time.

Do you mean open circuit without the battery connected, or with?

The current battery has been in there for nearly 13 years, so it's had a good innings :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Meter out the DC voltage on the battery leads without the battery connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,437 ✭✭✭✭Alun

KoolKid wrote: »
    Meter out the DC voltage on the battery leads without the battery connected.

13.7V which I assume is OK :)

All well now, but it took a while for the power and trouble lights to stop blinking after I replaced it though. Also saw a "Fuse Ft Battery" error (Act and Res) in the system log .. I assume that was actually me taking the old battery out and putting the new one in being detected as a fuse blowing (and then magically repairing itself!)

• Advertisement

13.7 is fine.
    Should be fine.

Advertisement