Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smaller gigs? House shows?! Underground music scene?!

Options
  • 25-12-2015 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I've moved back to Dublin after quite some time abroad and feel pretty out of the loop when it comes to gigs and stuff.
    In the last city I lived in, I went to a lot of shows, mostly smaller local shows. Usually I'd find out about them through people, or facebook events, but they were never really listed on websites (and certainly not on anything major like ticketmaster)... I guess I'm trying to suss if there is an equivalent scene here, and if so, how does one find it?
    I know the Nialler9 blog is a decent enough resource, but I guess I'm talking about an even smaller scale -house shows and stuff, really small bar gigs, PWYC type of things...
    Again, maybe that's just not happening here, but maybe it is and I just need to get in the loop...
    so, help?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭endacl

attagirl wrote: »
    I know the Nialler9 blog is a decent enough resource

Really?

"Last updated August 2015"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭aaf

Nialler9 really is a great source for gigs. He compiles a weekly gig guide. He posts articles pretty much every day. Probably the most up to date music site in Ireland. Also check out The Last Mixed Tape blog and The Thin Air.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,089 ✭✭✭mada999

Nialler9 focuses more on the non rock scene's afaik

Advertisement