Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc GSM Q not wirking

Options
  • 24-12-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Just installed a gsmQ unit in my own hkc secure wave. I have installed loads of these , but Murphy's law states it will only go wrong on your own alarm. I have a prepaid Vodafone sim witch is 2g and working (tried it in a phone first). But in the alarm it will not connect to the network and all I am getting is the red light flashing to indicate it can't connect to the network. I have tried it on two different alarms and both are saying the same fault , possible faulty GSM module or is there any trouble shooting I could do ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Moved to Home Security from Forum Requests

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Tigger83 wrote: »
    Just installed a gsmQ unit in my own hkc secure wave. I have installed loads of these , but Murphy's law states it will only go wrong on your own alarm. I have a prepaid Vodafone sim witch is 2g and working (tried it in a phone first). But in the alarm it will not connect to the network and all I am getting is the red light flashing to indicate it can't connect to the network. I have tried it on two different alarms and both are saying the same fault , possible faulty GSM module or is there any trouble shooting I could do ?

Have you checked the aerial connections on the GSM .
    I would also try a different SIM in the unit just to be sure.
    Have you powered down and up the alarm & GSM completely to see if the SIM initializes .
    After that its try a new GSM unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Tigger83

Ok It is looking like Vodafone haven't changed it to 2g fingers crossed they get their finger out and get it sorted

Advertisement