Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus two - charger

Options
  • 23-12-2015 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone know can you get charger for OnePlus two phones in Ireland. Or is it only on line ? Thanks

Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,790 ✭✭✭thomasj

Not likely. I don't think you can buy any phones in shops over here that have the charger for the oneplus two (usb-c) let alone the charger.

The only place I could think of over here that would possibly have the charger, would be the apple shops and that's only because the new macbook uses the usb-c connection.

Otherwise its online only sadly.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

you can buy one from China where the oneplus 2 is made, if you do not mind the long shipping time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Big Lar

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Are you sure its a reversible type of charger.

USB Type C Cable" I think it is called thanks

• Advertisement

Are you sure its a reversible type of charger.

USB Type C Cable" I think it is called thanks

Yes USB-C is reversible, meaning you can plug it in upside down, its symmetrical.

The PC World one is a USB-A to USB-C cable and will connect a Oneplus Two.

Its not the same as the standard red cable you get from OnePlus as that also has the USB-A side reversible which is very nice, but that's not essential.

The cable is a complete rip off at $22.99 as you can buy the real cable from OnePlus for only $4.99 and its a better cable. But if you absolutely have to have it now. . . . .

If you're in any doubt bring your phone to the shop and plug it in before buying.

Psychosis wrote: »
    Yes USB-C is reversible, meaning you can plug it in upside down, its symmetrical.

The PC World one is a USB-A to USB-C cable and will connect a Oneplus Two.

Its not the same as the standard red cable you get from OnePlus as that also has the USB-A side reversible which is very nice, but that's not essential.

The cable is a complete rip off at $22.99 as you can buy the real cable from OnePlus for only $4.99 and its a better cable. But if you absolutely have to have it now. . . . .

If you're in any doubt bring your phone to the shop and plug it in before buying.

Ah OK that would be fine any idea what it costs in not in a major panic ... I had tried the iPhone 5 which is similar to one plus two but doesn't work

Ah OK that would be fine any idea what it costs in not in a major panic ... I had tried the iPhone 5 which is similar to one plus two but doesn't work

Well if you're not in a rush then i'd buy the official cable. It'll probably take 10 working days for delivery.

https://oneplus.net/oneplus-micro-usb-cable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Not every cable is properly USB c spec, probably not an issue for just charging a phone but something to bear in mind for bigger devices in future.

https://usbccompliant.com

I bought the Anker one, works perfectly.

Not every cable is properly USB c spec, probably not an issue for just charging a phone but something to bear in mind for bigger devices in future.

https://usbccompliant.com

I bought the Anker one, works perfectly.

It doesn't even have the official OnePlus Two cable listed :D

That list is made by a Google employee who doesnt approve of the OnePlus Two cable.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/11/16/9742360/oneplus-usb-type-c-cable-adapter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

And one plus admitted it's not spec, it's also why they're no longer selling micro USB to type c adaptors.

Ordered two today from one plus two website !

Advertisement