Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help on home system

Options
  • 23-12-2015 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

Hello!

I'm trying to kit out my home, bit by bit and need some help on what to do lease! Any advice greatly appreciated.

At the moment I have a home cinema amp (Denon 1610) connected to Jamo A102 speakers. I have a PS4 and a Chromecast also connected to the amp, via HDMI, which I use to stream in audio via Spotify. If I want to stream in my own music collection I use the Chromecast via Google Music (I'm using this option less and less). The music quality is only OK but I tend not to sit in this room to listen to music anyway so that's OK.

I want to get a system for my kitchen / sitting room where I'd listen to music a lot more, at the moment I have a crappy CD/radio that's doing my head in.

I'd like a system that I can use a streaming service (such as Spotify/internet radio) on and also play CD's (but this is less important).

I'm looking at getting 3 possible options:
    Either a dedicated streaming system (Sonos / Denon Heos etc.)
    A mini system (Denon Ceol N9 / Marantz Melody Media System etc.) with separate speakers
    A dedicated Amp (Marantz PM6005) paired with a Chromecast audio and separate speakers

Which would be the best system from an audio quality point of view? I am currently leaning towards the amp and Chromecast option as I can later add in a CD player if I want. Google are also supposed to have included multi-room in their latest Chromecast update so this would allow me to create a really flexible and customisable system.

Am I on the right track? Is there something better I've missed out on?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭hargo

For whats it worth i bought during the year the Marantz pm6005 the na6005 streamer which I think will do all you want. I use it for just the one room connected to Dynaudio Dm 2/7. I am very pleased with the setup and sound. I dealt with the lads in The Listening Suite.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

I have a Marantz PM6005 and it is great but you have to remember it will not be turned on automatically if you use chromecast. You will always have to turn it on separately with the IR remote. This will be the highest quality music technically speaking.

I believe sonos etc can be started remotely which would be handy in the kitchen. Also a lot more user friendly if anyone else wants to use them.

Advertisement