Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PIQ golf 3 in 1 device

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

New Tech guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Have you got to use this yet?

This is the reason why I never bothered with game golf as the technology is there to make things far superior. This looks like a step in that direction.

Personally not sure how I'd like something attached to my glove, am a bit fusy like that. Never wear a watch and can't wear my wedding ring while playing either.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Have you got to use this yet?

This is the reason why I never bothered with game golf as the technology is there to make things far superior. This looks like a step in that direction.

Personally not sure how I'd like something attached to my glove, am a bit fusy like that. Never wear a watch and can't wear my wedding ring while playing either.

No I don't have the device but I downloaded their app. There's a free one and then there's a premium version for €20. So I bought the premium version and I used it in Esker hills, I found it very useful.
    A couple of good features:
    You can download the course beforehand (while you have a wifi connection), this is handy as some courses the phone signal is poor.

There is a viewer feature. You hold your phone like your taking a photo and scan right and left. It will tell you if there's a bunker on your line that you can't see. Then you can adjust your line accordingly.
    It also has a shot tracker but with manual club selection (so not ideal for a round on a busy course)
    You can imput your score after each hole and it gives you stats. You will need tags for proper stats I suppose.
    I might make the splash although putting with a glove on in summer may not be ideal.
    Unless I could put the glove attachment on my cap or somewhere else and do without the swing data.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

No I don't have the device but I downloaded their app. There's a free one and then there's a premium version for €20. So I bought the premium version and I used it in Esker hills, I found it very useful.
    A couple of good features:
    You can download the course beforehand (while you have a wifi connection), this is handy as some courses the phone signal is poor.

There is a viewer feature. You hold your phone like your taking a photo and scan right and left. It will tell you if there's a bunker on your line that you can't see. Then you can adjust your line accordingly.
    It also has a shot tracker but with manual club selection (so not ideal for a round on a busy course)
    You can imput your score after each hole and it gives you stats. You will need tags for proper stats I suppose.
    I might make the splash although putting with a glove on in summer may not be ideal.
    Unless I could put the glove attachment on my cap or somewhere else and do without the swing data.

I'd imagine you just tag the putter before taking the glove off so no swing data for your Putts

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭lowelife

I have neither this or the Game Golf.

But just a quick bit of research tells me the the game golf is legal to use anytime, but this PIQ thing I can't find anything to say it is or isnt.

I would presume it isnt due to the fact its linking with the smart phone for swing analysis and distances but I would like some sort of clairty.

Its all good and well collecting data during practice rounds, but you could also do with this when there is something else on the line, like a monthly medal etc.
    OK I don't want the data mid round to see where I am going wrong, but when a little bit of pressure is on the game becomes something else to most people.

• Advertisement

lowelife wrote: »
    I have neither this or the Game Golf.

But just a quick bit of research tells me the the game golf is legal to use anytime, but this PIQ thing I can't find anything to say it is or isnt.

I would presume it isnt due to the fact its linking with the smart phone for swing analysis and distances but I would like some sort of clairty.

Its all good and well collecting data during practice rounds, but you could also do with this when there is something else on the line, like a monthly medal etc.
    OK I don't want the data mid round to see where I am going wrong, but when a little bit of pressure is on the game becomes something else to most people.

As far as I know the new game golf live is tournament legal as long as you don't use the live features. Checking your misses (i dont mean my wife lol) or clubs that are not preforming I presume they mean.
    I'm not a fan of these gadgets for competition golf but I can see the benifit of stats I just don't like having to think about it during your preshot ritual.

Update: I ended up buying Gamegolf live. Reasons: Stats are better, More people use GG, Tech support is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Was looking at the Piq but couldn't find any hands on experience. How is the Gamegolf Montgolfier?

Was looking at the Piq but couldn't find any hands on experience. How is the Gamegolf Montgolfier?

Game golf is grand for measuring stats. I got the live version not sure about its usefulness though they take a bit of time to link up. Which is awkward if your rushing to the first tee before a fourball jumps ahead of you.

Advertisement