Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 pin power adaptor with 2 x 1050mA usb sockets

Options
  • 23-12-2015 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭

Found these in Dealz blanchardstown, 1 x 3 pin 240v adaptor with 2 x 1050mA USB charging sockets, €6 each, I can't find them on the Deals website so the pic is mine.;)
    2rr7ymc.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭upandcumming

lensman wrote: »
    Found these in Dealz blanchardstown, 1 x 3 pin 240v adaptor with 2 x 1050mA USB charging sockets, €6 each, I can't find them on the Deals website so the pic is mine.;)
    http://i65.tinypic.com/2rr7ymc.jpg

That would charge your device quite slowly - you'd want a rating of 2100mA on the USB port to get the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

That would charge your device quite slowly - you'd want a rating of 2100mA on the USB port to get the best.

Fast charging isn't the best thing for long term battery life though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭lensman

I thought of that & checked all the chargers in the house, tablets,android phones,Ecigs & there all 500mA, + you dont lose the use of a 3 pin power socket with these,....only saying:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Does this convert EU to 3-pin, or does it convert 3-pin to 3-pin + 2xUSB?

3-pin to 3-pin + 2xUSB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Just saw them in L'kenny Dealz today for €5, will provide pic later.

But handy for 2 in 1 as i got a USB wall charger in another shop for €4 as their phone charger got chewed up & got the mini usb lead in Dealz instead of paying €20 in phone shop for complete kit.

Btw isnt there a Dealz thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

I have these at home which work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I bought similar in Home store. Charges very slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

ch750536 wrote: »
    I have these at home which work well.

Electrician installed two of these as part of the house extension build. USB ports stopped working in one of them within weeks! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

I wonder how safe these are

• Advertisement

positron wrote: »
    Electrician installed two of these as part of the house extension build. USB ports stopped working in one of them within weeks! :(
    Maybe your talking about the wired wall sockets, these are an adaptor.

I bought similar in Home store. Charges very slowly.
    I nearly bought those before I got the ones in Dealz, the Homestore ones are twice the price & half the mAH so they would charge slowly 061207_medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

lensman wrote: »
    Maybe your talking about the wired wall sockets, these are an adaptor.

Yes, I was talking about the wired wall socket (quoting ch750536 , he links to an wired wall socket in amazon.co.uk).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Here's the pic of the 3 Pin Power Adaptor with 2 USB sockets in Dealz L'kenny for €5, it looks like its got double the mAH of the one's you got, although where would you get 2100mAH in a plug?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Hard to imagine how safe that'd be for a fiver.

A genuine charger is around a tenner, apple ones are 25
    Definitely need to have a look inside before I'd trust that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any CE marks on them at all?
    I wouldn't allow these to be fitted in a new build that I was inspecting or signing off on with it or the BS standard equilivant.

Just be careful with them guys, and if you go fitting them to your children's rooms then make sure there's an active smoke detector in that bedroom also.

Now, that's work mode off, enjoy :)

There'll be a ce mark. Whether it'll actually be to ce standard is questionable/doubtful
    I wouldn't buy these.

Go to a supplier that actually has some knowledge about the products they're selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

Here's the pic of the 3 Pin Power Adaptor with 2 USB sockets in Dealz L'kenny for €5, it looks like its got double the mAH of the one's you got, although where would you get 2100mAH in a plug?

Lots of charges are 2.1 amp. I got a belkin one a while ago in Tesco for less than €2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

kceire wrote: »
    Any CE marks on them at all?
    I wouldn't allow these to be fitted in a new build that I was inspecting or signing off on with it or the BS standard equilivant.

Just be careful with them guys, and if you go fitting them to your children's rooms then make sure there's an active smoke detector in that bedroom also.

Now, that's work mode off, enjoy :)

These are adaptors, there's a 3 pin plug behind them that you plug into an existing socket.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

eeguy wrote: »
    Hard to imagine how safe that'd be for a fiver.

A genuine charger is around a tenner, apple ones are 25
    Definitely need to have a look inside before I'd trust that

An Apple charger would be 25 you mean.

• Advertisement

Quite safe, well as safe an apple & other named brands that is, you can pay €25 for a fancy name if you like but with 30yrs working in digital/analogue electronics big windows don't impress me;)

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭palec69

guil wrote: »
    Lots of charges are 2.1 amp. I got a belkin one a while ago in Tesco for less than €2

This is a 2.1 A charger, if you use one port, if you use both of them it splits the current in two. So if your 2.1 A charger has two USB ports and you use both of them at the same time your real charging current will be 1050 mA.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,964 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

palec69 wrote: »
    This is a 2.1 A charger, if you use one port, if you use both of them it splits the current in two. So if your 2.1 A charger has two USB ports and you use both of them at the same time your real charging current will be 1050 mA.

You can get chargers that don't split the current.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,493 ✭✭✭✭guil

palec69 wrote: »

My belkin charger only has 1 port.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

These will be fine, worst case scenario they will stop working after 2 months. All electrical products made or imported to the EU have to adhere to CE safety standards and carry a CE mark. The mark is not as important obviously!

I can't see a big chain like dealz/poundland trying to get away with not obeying EU rules!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,458 ✭✭✭✭ted1

These will be fine, worst case scenario they will stop working after 2 months. All electrical products made or imported to the EU have to adhere to CE safety standards and carry a CE mark. The mark is not as important obviously!

I can't see a big chain like dealz/poundland trying to get away with not obeying EU rules!
    Some products are marked with a variation of the CE mark which means China export, the shop could be conned by the supplier. Look at the recent recall on the so called Hoover boards

ted1 wrote: »
    Some products are marked with a variation of the CE mark which means China export, the shop could be conned by the supplier. Look at the recent recall on the so called Hoover boards

CE marks are self certified. Anyone can put a CE mark on anything, and you're only punished if you get caught.

Advertisement