Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for IP enabled alarm

Options
  • 23-12-2015 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all

I'd like to upgrade my alarm to one that can be managed remotely over the internet using a smartphone app. The only problem is that I don't have a wired Ethernet connection to the alarm panel in the hallway.

Are there alarms panels that use wireless / wi-fi internet connectivity as opposed to wired internet connectivity?

Someone did offer to add a power socket and powerline adapter but I'm look for alternatives.

Thanks..

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

We would normally use Powerline adapters with the Siemens systems. They work very well.
    The GSD i70 is a very good system with a good WiFi card.

Advertisement