Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Declaration off the road forms.

Options
  • 22-12-2015 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was filling out the RF-150 from to declare a car off the road the problem is that there's 3 sections you fill in
    -declaring a newly purchased car off the road
    -declaring an import car off the road
    -declaring a second hand car that you've recently purchased

I filled in the second hand car that's recently purchased the problem is that it says you have to file the form within 21 days of purchasing the car but I bought the car on the 1st of November and as the tax runs out in January I'm only declaring it off the road now. Will they let me declare it off the road or am I too late to do this??

Will I suffer back tax?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Why not declare it off the road in January?

Q2. If my vehicle is not in use, when do I need to declare it off the road?

A2. You must make your off the road declaration in advance. The declaration must be made in the month of expiry of your current motor tax disc. All correctly completed applications will receive confirmation of their transaction, either by post or on the spot if the declaration is submitted in person at your local motor tax office.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/QA-DeclaringaVehicleOffTheRoad/#Q2

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭AgreeableSir

Why not declare it off the road in January?

Q2. If my vehicle is not in use, when do I need to declare it off the road?

A2. You must make your off the road declaration in advance. The declaration must be made in the month of expiry of your current motor tax disc. All correctly completed applications will receive confirmation of their transaction, either by post or on the spot if the declaration is submitted in person at your local motor tax office.

http://www.environ.ie/en/LocalGovernment/MotorTax/QA-DeclaringaVehicleOffTheRoad/#Q2

Would it matter that I haven't insured the vehicle since I've owned it? For legitimate reasons I wasn't driving around uninsured.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would it matter that I haven't insured the vehicle since I've owned it? For legitimate reasons I wasn't driving around uninsured.

Insurance only comes in to it when taxing it, provided it's not parked in a public place etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,089 ✭✭✭✭CiniO

Hi there,

I was filling out the RF-150 from to declare a car off the road the problem is that there's 3 sections you fill in
    -declaring a newly purchased car off the road
    -declaring an import car off the road
    -declaring a second hand car that you've recently purchased

I filled in the second hand car that's recently purchased the problem is that it says you have to file the form within 21 days of purchasing the car but I bought the car on the 1st of November and as the tax runs out in January I'm only declaring it off the road now. Will they let me declare it off the road or am I too late to do this??

Will I suffer back tax?

Thanks.

I think you mixed those sections a bit.
    You have to fill-in section A on the form.
    If your tax is valid until end of January, then you have to do it in January - you can't do it now.
    If your tax is expiring on 31st December, then you have to do it in december.

Lack of insurance on the car doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭NickDunne

The only thing that matters here is that the car is taxed until January. The car only needs to be declared off the road from the day the tax runs out(whether the car was being driven or not).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

Guys.. we have an olf farm tractor. It stays on the farm now since 2013. I declared it off the road on line for 12 months. The following year i did the same and last year i did the same.. however, i cant do it on line this year. They tell me i have to pay arrears and tax for 3 months.. have i missed something? Is there any way around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

change ownership

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭iron man

How does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Change it into someone else's name, then change it back into your name, do an off road declaration straight after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭savagethegoat

or just wait until you do want to put it back on the road and change ownership then

• Advertisement
Advertisement