Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tis fierce windy out there

Options
  • 22-12-2015 10:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭

Did someone have a dodgy curry last night ? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

That would be me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

stevek93 wrote: »
    That would be me

Between the wind and the thunder it must have been some curry..

• Registered Users Posts: 40,820 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Eva

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Don't make unnecessary journeys, don't take risks on treacherous roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Have my silicon ready.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭Armchair Andy

Ruu wrote:
    Have my silicon ready.

Tits out for the lads. Fair play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Now it's back to Edwina for the sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Ahhh shtop! Did ye bring in the washing? Course ye didn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I wish it would fcuk off. It's blowing my wifi all over the street and I can't get a decent connection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

It's grand here so far but I'm sure someone from up a mountain somewhere is getting blown away.

It's the North West getting the worst, so batten down lads and good luck.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Don't make unnecessary journeys, don't take risks on treacherous roads.
    Don't go swimming in the sea !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

One of the Santas from the front garden just blew off down the road. All the best Santa, safe travels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    One of the Santas from the front garden just blew off down the road. All the best Santa, safe travels!

Sorry, my filthy mind added the word 'me' after blew. I nearly spilled my wine!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭ArtSmart

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Yes, I read it 'wrong' as well.

Typical Santa though, always looking for the next party.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Ahhh shtop! Did ye bring in the washing? Course ye didn't

Last week I forgot and now have several chair covers instead of a bedspread...deeply thankful the barbed wire atop the stock fencing caught it as else no way of knowing where it would have ended up.. Just a few socks out now and I will gather them in soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

May well end up a very quiet Christmas up here high in the Kerry mountains. All my communications are via the digiweb satellite dish and Eva may well move it enough to cut me off..My family have been alerted and have an emergency number if they are worried. It has happened before..that time it brought a big tree down on the lane so I could not get to call anyone..three silent days! Was grand!

Graces7 wrote: »
    May well end up a very quiet Christmas up here high in the Kerry mountains. All my communications are via the digiweb satellite dish and Eva may well move it enough to cut me off..My family have been alerted and have an emergency number if they are worried. It has happened before..that time it brought a big tree down on the lane so I could not get to call anyone..three silent days! Was grand!

If Desmond didn't shift it then Eva certainly won't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If there is one blessing to this wind it is that I dont have to get up on a ladder and wash the windows like the wife had planned for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Looks like rain Ted.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭kettlehead

Put out extra carrots for Rudolph. He will need them in that weather.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,786 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

As any radio amateur will tell you, "if your mast survived the storms it could have been taller"

Just been outside. It sounds worse than it is.

This naming every gust of wind as a storm has people spooked unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Tried to drive to the shops, no roads.

Advertisement