Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GTA5 Newbie

Options
  • 22-12-2015 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Granted, I'ma little late to the party -never played a GTA game and i'm a few hours into GTA5 on PS4. Love it but i'm a bit intimidated...

If I pass a mission and shut down game, is the progress to there saved or do I need to travel all the way to a safe house to sleep to save progress?!

I started the Jewellery Heist planning but I see that there is a 2 billion dollar farming method through the stock market but it does not happen if you work with the planner (Lester) - Is this true?

Is there a long road to riches or any quick advise to make good dollar?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭DANNY2014

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

Granted, I'ma little late to the party -never played a GTA game and i'm a few hours into GTA5 on PS4. Love it but i'm a bit intimidated...

If I pass a mission and shut down game, is the progress to there saved or do I need to travel all the way to a safe house to sleep to save progress?!

I started the Jewellery Heist planning but I see that there is a 2 billion dollar farming method through the stock market but it does not happen if you work with the planner (Lester) - Is this true?

Is there a long road to riches or any quick advise to make good dollar?

Thanks!
    Welcome and if you fancy your arm at online there is quite a few of us on ps4 most nites... There is a glitch that worked not sure if it is still goin but worth a Google search... There is an autosave function that saves your game automatically ya can switch it on or Off... If you want to make serious money check out the glitches thread if you do ever fancy playing online...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

DANNY2014 wrote: »
    Welcome and if you fancy your arm at online there is quite a few of us on ps4 most nites... There is a glitch that worked not sure if it is still goin but worth a Google search... There is an autosave function that saves your game automatically ya can switch it on or Off... If you want to make serious money check out the glitches thread if you do ever fancy playing online...

Thanks for the quick reply.

What is the online version? Just everyone freely travelling the city?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Thanks for the quick reply.

What is the online version? Just everyone freely travelling the city?

Substitute the word 'travelling' for the word 'exploding' and you've got it bang on :D

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    Substitute the word 'travelling' for the word 'exploding' and you've got it bang on :D

Thanks!

Do funds from Online travel to my single player account?

I'm obviosuly keen to continue the single player game for now, but would just love to earn some quick money if I can - with glitches etc!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Thanks!

Do funds from Online travel to my single player account?

I'm obviosuly keen to continue the single player game for now, but would just love to earn some quick money if I can - with glitches etc!

GTA5 and GTA online are two separate games pretty much.

No money is shared from single player to online.

• Advertisement

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    GTA5 and GTA online are two separate games pretty much.

No money is shared from single player to online.

OK - Think I'll forge the craft on the single player then...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,358 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Better off playing story mode and getting used to the game, then try online mode. You'll need a PS Plus subscription to play online too. For saving I'm sure I remember being able to save it through your phone in the game.

There is a way of using the Lester assassination missions to earn yourself over 2 billion, you've to just do the be first mission for him, then wait until you've completed the game and use all the cash you've earned to invest and continue on with the assassination missions for Lester, plenty of guides online if you give it a Google.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

There is an app on your characters phones called Quicksave so you don't have to go to a Safehouse.

Just make sure you are in a vehicle when you do it, I used it once up in the mountains and spawned in the middle of nowhere.
    Had to switch characters and save again upon loading back in.

Advertisement