Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This Dell or something better?

Options
  • 22-12-2015 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have never really liked laptops but due to taking up a college course it seems like a good idea to invest.

I have been looking about and see that a lot of stores are selling i3 machine for a lot of lolly.

Dell have an i5 inspiron for 630€ and if you want an AMD R5 335 graphics card the price bumps to 720.

Are there any better alternatives to this for a similar price? I have checked a lot of sites and can't find anything with a similar price.

Is is worth bumping up to the graphics card as I really will only use it for college, assignment writing and research, Web browsing, watching some tv shows ( rarely ) and possibly Football manager ( no 3d match engine).

All assistance much appreciated.

http://www.dell.com/ie/p/configuration-compare.aspx?returnURL=http://www.dell.com/ie/p/inspiron-15-5559-laptop/pd?ref=PD_OC

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The graphics card is rubbish and barely faster than Intel integrated graphics, so I wouldn't bother, Intel's HD graphics will be fine for Football Manager in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭liger

The graphics card is rubbish and barely faster than Intel integrated graphics, so I wouldn't bother, Intel's HD graphics will be fine for Football Manager in any case.

Thanks.

What if I wanted to put something heavier on it. The only other thing I could think might cause concern would be tropico or civilization games.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16 Mattyking

for Laptop, you got to try the one running AMD.

Advertisement