Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop ups on my galaxy tab 4

Options
  • 22-12-2015 2:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭

Hopefully this is the right place to put this.
    I have a tab 4 and in the last week pop ups have started appearing. It doesn't matter what site I am on all of a sudden the page will leave what ever site I am on and go to a site saying I've won x, y and z. It's very annoying.

I've used AVG to run a scan and another app which promised to detect add ons.
    I have no downloaded any apps in the last few weeks.

Anyone else had this problem? Any ideas on what I can do? I'm hopeful I won't have to factory reset the tab.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭writhen

Have this too on a nexcus 9. Annoying as hell. Check out this thread.

http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=98150380#post98150380

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

My wife got something similar on her phone (android). An attempted redirect that kept vibrating the phone and trying to get her to click through. I just went to the application info for the browser (Chrome) and cleared the cache and data and it seemed to get rid of it.

Don't think it's a VF issue (see above link) as, although we do use a VF router, my phone (also android) has never been affected.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

same issue on a m8 on 3 for mobile and magnet for broadband...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think its the internal page for internet in facebook app that causes it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Second the recommendation to clear your cookies and data though personally I think cookies will probably be enough. It's most likely a rogue ad network cookie you picked up that's reactivating whenever their domain gets access to your browser via another iframe hosted ad.

• Advertisement
Advertisement