Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

heroquest

Options
  • 21-12-2015 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

I loved this game back in the 90's (when GW could do no wrong & white dwarf was a magazine not a catalogue), I'd love to pick up a copy of it again but I've seen it on amazon & eBay for obscene amounts. Just missed a copy on adverts but that's the luck of the draw. Anyone else play it & if so what did you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

I loved this game back in the 90's (when GW could do no wrong & white dwarf was a magazine not a catalogue), I'd love to pick up a copy of it again but I've seen it on amazon & eBay for obscene amounts. Just missed a copy on adverts but that's the luck of the draw. Anyone else play it & if so what did you think?

Same here,I played one of the base games long time back and liked it at the time.i did'nt realise how big it was at the time and find out about all the expansions until tom vassal mentioned it when talking about his massive collection of hero scape.
    I still have the base game and would love to try it with some expansions but given the crazy prices I probably won't get any more.

You could try Arena of planeswalkers which looks set to replace it ,if all the promised expansions are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

I only played it a few times as a kid at a friend's house, but I remember really enjoying it. I've been wanting to get a copy to play over a few beers with the lads but the prices a complete set goes for on ebay are ridiculous. You could probably find pdfs and scans of the rules and accessories online, and buy some suitable models, if you had the patience to put it all together.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I must check my parents attic, my brother had the base set and some of the expansion packs and I later got another base set from a charity shop to replace some damaged tiles etc. Didn't realise it had any value at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

The newly released Dungeon Saga is probably the closest to old school Hero Quest now, if you can't get your hands on HQ and are looking for a modern alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Stephen Gawking

Hadn't seen this, sorta kept a close eye on Mantic when they first started but lost interest to be honest. I'll keep an eye out for this next time in Gamersworld & see what happens. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Still have this at home with all the Old character sheets we made up all those years ago...funny looking back at the names, drawings on them etc. It was a great game and we even photocopied the blank map/board layout and came up with our own adventures. I think I must have bought some magazine back in the day too that had an expansion game on it because there's also paper cut outs that weren't part of the original game. Good times.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

There is a game on play store called Arneca or something like that. It is basically Hero Quest. Was only playing it last week

Advertisement