Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm - how to bypass broken PIRs?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

We moved into an old solicitors office and during some of the works, something has happened to the PIR's which are not working. Alarm wont set now :( as it gives off an error about the PIR's not working.

Is there a way to set the alarm without these and bypass the error?

We have little to no money to spend on this issue and really need an alarm at this time of year.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Are they the only detectors on the system or are the windows and doors protected as well?

To inhibit a zone press * then zone number after tring to arm.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you much perimeter protection. I'd make sure that's up to scratch before isolating a load of PiRs. Is there any LEDs lighting up when you walk in front of the PiRs . It may be a fuse gone or a power supply inadvertently powered down.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭NobodyImportant

No PIR leds coming up. Fuse or power off somewhere on it.

Found how to set it manually and go around the zones, but the alarm went off and said "entry/exit fault" which I assume was the alarm giving out that it didn't see the front door open and me go out (as I said before, it doesn't have a night feature as it was a solicitors). So will have to test setting it at night and opening and closing the front door to trick it.

Then without the PIR it should work as a night mode too.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It might also be that one of the PiRs is an entry zone & the fault appears only after the timer runs down.

Advertisement