Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus 5x repair in Ireland?

Options
  • 21-12-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭

I cracked my screen today and I'm looking to see what the options are.

Has anyone had any luck getting their Google play store n5 repaired or replaced by Google?

As per usual with nexus phones, there's not a lot of support for them in the various "repair" shops.

I don't fancy learning how to solder either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

I had my Nexus 4 screen replaced by Fone menders, when they had just been released.
    Thats who google sent me to. They were a disgrace and would never deal with them again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

It's a shame really that the nexus 5x didn't come with gorilla glass 4. It may not be as expensive as the nexus 6p. But nearly 500 for a phone is quiet expensive.

Especially when you consider the galaxy a3 and a5 that costs considerably less has it.

A redilous way of cutting costs .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

thomasj wrote: »
    It's a shame really that the nexus 5x didn't come with gorilla glass 4. It may not be as expensive as the nexus 6p. But nearly 500 for a phone is quiet expensive.

Especially when you consider the galaxy a3 and a5 that costs considerably less has it.

A redilous way of cutting costs .

It is indeed quiet expensive and utterly redilous.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭littlebsci

Smyth wrote: »
    I cracked my screen today and I'm looking to see what the options are.

Has anyone had any luck getting their Google play store n5 repaired or replaced by Google?

As per usual with nexus phones, there's not a lot of support for them in the various "repair" shops.

I don't fancy learning how to solder either.

Any chance though managed to get your screen fixed since you posted this? Mine cracked in my pocket this morning... Don't even have it 3 weeks... Gutted!

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

littlebsci wrote: »
    Any chance though managed to get your screen fixed since you posted this? Mine cracked in my pocket this morning... Don't even have it 3 weeks... Gutted!

Nope. One guy in town that does it for 175 quid. And a 3 week turnaround. Yes you read that right. He wants the physical device for 3 weeks.

There's parts online. But the only ones in stock are the screen. There's nobody stocking the screen with the panel so you'll have to do some diy on the parts to remove the glass from the current case to then put the new one in. Involves heating the phone frame up. Haven't done it myself. Sounds risky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement