Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Binoculars, compact,

Options
  • 20-12-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭

Hiya guys

I am looking to pick up two pairs of binoculars and am looking for opinions. I am going to buy online, have them posted to a friend and she can bring them back from the states when she returns after Xmas.

They will be for viewing sheep on the mountainside, so hunting glasses would be the general category. I was viewing the busnell h2o 10x 25. Saw them online for 35 dollars which seems excellent value as u saw them in a shop for 100euro earlier today.

I will post up a few more models when I get to a laptop as I am on phone now

Thanks for any feedback

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Amazon Uk Have bushnell 10x25s for as little as £21.

The optics on Bushnell aren't great and light gathering is poor.

I'd go for 8X42 or 10x42. And you usually get what you pay for in optics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

JJayoo wrote: »
    Hiya guys

I am looking to pick up two pairs of binoculars and am looking for opinions. I am going to buy online, have them posted to a friend and she can bring them back from the states when she returns after Xmas.

They will be for viewing sheep on the mountainside, so hunting glasses would be the general category. I was viewing the busnell h2o 10x 25. Saw them online for 35 dollars which seems excellent value as u saw them in a shop for 100euro earlier today.

I will post up a few more models when I get to a laptop as I am on phone now

Thanks for any feedback

The binoculars you mentioned wouldn't be great to be honest. You might be a bit disappointed with the dim view through them. I'm not sure what your budget it, but these two compact binoculars are excellent, and would be worth the extra few quid:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Olympus-8x25-Binoculars-Silver-Black/dp/B00006G33J/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450693910&sr=8-1&keywords=olympus+pc1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steiner-Safari-Ultrasharp-10-Binoculars-x/dp/B005M1QSSK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1450694075&sr=8-1&keywords=steiner+safari+ultrasharp+10+x+26+binoculars

I know I have linked to the UK amazon site but they are probably on amazon.com and for cheaper aswell. If getting delivered to the states then check out the prices on adorama and B&H photo aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭gzoladz

You cannot go wrong with the Opticrons. I would spend the max I can afford in a model from them.

For prices check Amazon and Uttings, but the last few yearsvI have bought from Conns as their prices are very competitive and their cs is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I have the Bushnell H2O's sitting on the desk here, just got them out of my bag to check which model they are. They are well warn carried every day often out in the wet taken a good few knocks and still work like new. I had to look up my old orders on Amazon to check the full details.

So they are 12 x 25's and just short of 4 years old. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00004SAKY - no longer available.

You can definitely get much much better binoculars but if you can get them for around €21 as already suggested I would say thats very good value. Only down side is they as already said aren't great in poor light but you don't buy x25 expecting them to be great in those conditions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Jayzesake

gzoladz wrote: »
    You cannot go wrong with the Opticrons. I would spend the max I can afford in a model from them.

For prices check Amazon and Uttings, but the last few yearsvI have bought from Conns as their prices are very competitive and their cs is excellent.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Thanks for all the feedback

Advertisement