Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xmas RTE Guide radio listings mess

Options
  • 20-12-2015 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

This years Christmas RTE Guide has made a total mess out of the 2fm listings with about 95% of the information printed being wrong, you wouldn't see this kind of cock up in the radio times for the BBC Radio 1 Christmas listings. Also about 3 months ago the RTE Guide started listing BBC Radio 4 but they don't list any of their own digital stations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Tim Reilly wrote: »
    This years Christmas RTE Guide has made a total mess out of the 2fm listings with about 95% of the information printed being wrong, you wouldn't see this kind of cock up in the radio times for the BBC Radio 1 Christmas listings. Also about 3 months ago the RTE Guide started listing BBC Radio 4 but they don't list any of their own digital stations.

RTÉ have not been all that informative in terms of supplying precise details that accompany each of the programme descriptions across TV & Radio in general when you search through some of the electronic programme guides on various digital platforms. If the RTÉ Guide has incorrect info, one wonders if they were unable to continue waiting indefinitely for 2FM and others to provide adequate and accurate details ahead of the RTÉ Guide magazine's print publication deadlines. As far as I know they are completely separate entities these days despite having the RTÉ corporate name on the front cover.

RTÉ have never really pushed it's own Digital Radio as I imagine the budget and lack of commercial advertising (if any) has seriously constrained them from investing much beyond the four main RTÉ Radio national stations namely: Radio 1, 2fm, lyric fm and RnaG which carry advertisements to the best of my knowledge.

The various newspapers/other tv listing magazines can sometimes be unreliable too at times although; I usually found The Irish Times to be the most consistent for providing accurate and fairly comprehensive TV & Radio listings down through the years.

Advertisement