Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo help please

Options
  • 20-12-2015 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

Hi,

I hope this is the right forum to use.

My uncle has terminal cancer and it's looking like he will pass before new year. The last photo taken of him, my mam and my 2 aunts, before he got sick, was unfortunately a grainy phone photo at a 21st. My cousins and I were hoping to get a better copy of it.

My question is, is this a photo restoration or a photo shop query? Or is it even possible to clear up a phone photo?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

It really depends on how bad the quality is. Some phones are capable of taking quite reasonable quality shots. Unfortunately there is no magic way to bring them up to professional quality, especially if the original photo is very poor quality. Photo restoration is essentially photoshopping so this is certainly the right forum to ask in anyway.

The best option would be to post the shot up here. I know people have done similar in the past and people have done this for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭mushu

Thank you both for taking the time to reply. Cabansail, I've sent you a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Note that you'll really need to get the photo from the original phone onto a computer directly to get the maximum resolution from it which will give you some bit of a sporting chance.
    If it's sent from one phone to another it'll be a much smaller resolution so try to get it emailed from the original phone and save it on a computer somewhere.

Advertisement