Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sorting in Excel

Options
  • 20-12-2015 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could help me with sorting some data.

The columns are like below Jan up to November
    Name Jan Feb

The problem is i want to sort the values by the Highest to lowest number in November, when i try this the wrong values are going to the wrong names.

If anyone can help and if i am not making much sense i can put up a screenshot of the Excel file.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭lorr27

Hi, you have to custom sort (found in the sort and filter tab on the home tab) and then choose which column you want to sort by. Hope this makes sense

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

Make sure your column is formatted as a "date". Also make sure you check/unckeck the "My data has a header row" (can't remember the exact term) to prevent the column heading from being included in the sort.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bbari

Are you just selecting the column which you are trying to apply the sort on ? in that case it will only sort the highlighted column while the values in the month column won't move which will cause wrong values to wrong names ?

Advertisement