Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beta readers

Options
  • 20-12-2015 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭

I am looking for Beta Readers. Is their a community within Ireland? Or, do people use friends and family. I if I ask friends they might be might be kind and I would like honest opinions.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

femur61 wrote: »
    I am looking for Beta Readers. Is their a community within Ireland? Or, do people use friends and family. I if I ask friends they might be might be kind and I would like honest opinions.

How fast do you need feedback and how long is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Das Kitty wrote: »
    How fast do you need feedback and how long is it?

Hi Das Kitty, its 78,000 words long! To answer the feedback question, within a couple of weeks.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I could do it in the new year, but I've committed to getting draft 2 of mine finished by mid January so I won't have room in my head for other stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I could do it in the new year, but I've committed to getting draft 2 of mine finished by mid January so I won't have room in my head for other stories.

Thanks for the offer, I'm on my fourth draft! I'll get back to you. If like me, when going through a draft it always takes me longer than I have calculated.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

femur61 wrote: »
    Thanks for the offer, I'm on my fourth draft! I'll get back to you. If like me, when going through a draft it always takes me longer than I have calculated.

I'll do it in January. PM me a link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,847 ✭✭✭desbrook

If you'd like to pm me a rough idea of what it's about/genre I'll tell you if I'll give it a go. Reading nothing at mo.

Advertisement