Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere that makes copies of original artwork

Options
  • 20-12-2015 12:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

Just wondering if any artists could tell me of a good place to get sellable copies of my original artwork. I work mostly with marker and colour pencil and some pictures may need some digital work to improve the quality of the prints. Is there somewhere that provides this service? Preferably around Galway if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭tringle

What size do you want them? Most printing works will scan and print postcard size and A4, though Im not sure if they will do any editing. Galway city has lots of galleries. Go in to one and see if a printers name is displayed, or else just be cheeky and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ElishaR86

I was hoping to get them around a3. That's a good idea though, never thought of that. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

any of those printing companies will do this. I have used several here in Donegal and they are all good. The last prints I got made were edited with a program called Adobe Lightroom by the designer before they went to print. They turned out very well, and worked out at approx €1.80 per print A3 size.

I needed to supply them with a high res photo, 10mb @ 300dpi for A3.

Ask them what thickness of paper they use for limited edition prints, and ask for a proof before they do a run of prints. They usually run one off for me first to be sure the quality is ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ElishaR86

Great. I'll look in to it. Thanks.

Advertisement