Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans wearing away!

Options
  • 19-12-2015 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a question for larger ladies who wear jeans: how do you prevent the inner thighs from wearing away?! I've just noticed a hole in my favourite pair of Old Navy skinnies and I'm gutted! I find it difficult to find jeans that fit me properly. I'm considering buying some pairs online and getting them delivered from the US (has anyone done this before?) but for future reference, how do you preserve your jeans? I don't wash them overly often but maybe now I just need to cop on and lose weight - it might be cheaper, among other benefits!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

I'm the exact same; I bought two pairs of Miss Selfridge skinnies back in June and both pairs have already worn away at the inner thighs. They weren't cheap jeans either. I'm a size 12/14 but I carry my weight on my thighs and hips. Still though, I'm not very overweight and the jeans do actually fit.

Would anyone say it's worthwhile investing in better quality jeans? The likes of Levis/Wranglers etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Ilyana 2.0 wrote: »
    I'm the exact same; I bought two pairs of Miss Selfridge skinnies back in June and both pairs have already worn away at the inner thighs. They weren't cheap jeans either. I'm a size 12/14 but I carry my weight on my thighs and hips. Still though, I'm not very overweight and the jeans do actually fit.

Would anyone say it's worthwhile investing in better quality jeans? The likes of Levis/Wranglers etc?

It's so frustrating! I was living in these and some Dorothy Perkins jeggings but it's time to get some new ones now! I hate shopping for jeans though and once I find something that fits, I stick with it until no longer possible!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

It's so frustrating! I was living in these and some Dorothy Perkins jeggings but it's time to get some new ones now! I hate shopping for jeans though and once I find something that fits, I stick with it until no longer possible!

It really is so annoying, the thoughts of searching for a new pair that fit just as well as the usual ones.

Stress of life :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I've bought the expensive jeans (€100+) and they do the same. Don't think there's anything you can do. I used to swear by River Island ones but lately I've been living more frugally so I go to New Look. I get much the same mileage out of the NL jeans but I find they don't fit as nicely. Splurged on Topshop jeans recently so I'll see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 JK2015

Riverisland jeans don't wear very well either but since they fit great, I just buy a pair, keep the receipt and return them. Since they wear out so soon its a quality issue.

• Advertisement
Advertisement