Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoos in Ireland

Options
  • 18-12-2015 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi folks,

I'm 42, settled, mother of 3. I never paid much attention to tattoos and generally don't really like the big coloured ones. However of late I've found myself wondering about something small and understated, maybe in white ink? SO -

a) does anyone know of a good place that will do a white ink tattoo?
    b) advice on best place to get small unobtrusive tattoo with just a very personal meaning?
    c) general prices and places that are good, clean etc.

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

a) where are you located?
    b) ankles and wrists are popular for females but of course anywhere you like is good
    c) 50 - 200 euro depending on size and colour alternatives

To be honest, it'd be easier for you to call in to a few local artists and talkk to them about it. They will give you feedback on your idea and may have other suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GetWit.it

White ink? Why ever would you do such a thing? All the pain and no pleasure, they fade SOO quickly, you can only see them under the UV lights in a nightclub (since your a mother of 3 I don't think you'll be out in many pubs). I have more than 10 tattoos none of which you can see unless I want to show them to you, they bring me happiness and when I see them I smile, what's the point of a tattoo that you cannot see?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

GetWit.it wrote: »
    you can only see them under the UV lights in a nightclub

Nope. You're thinking of UV ink.

Adiboo wrote: »
    Nope. You're thinking of UV ink.

Oh yah your right, my mistake - but still they fade VERY quickly I can't see the point in a white tattoo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

GetWit.it wrote: »
    Oh yah your right, my mistake - but still they fade VERY quickly I can't see the point in a white tattoo

white ink doesnt fade quickly, they are just hard to see

• Advertisement

white ink doesnt fade quickly, they are just hard to see

From experience I'd disagree - you have to get them touched up far more often than other colors, white fades faster than other colors at least on my skin.

Advertisement