Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego DeLorean

Options
  • 18-12-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all,

Just saw a listing on ebay for the DeLorean Time Machine (LEGO Ideas 21103) for €126.

It's a piece I'd love to own, being a huge fan of the films, but is it good value for money i.e. could I find it for cheaper in the future?

Does anyone happen to know more or less what the RRP was when it was in stores?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hi all,

Just saw a listing on ebay for the DeLorean Time Machine (LEGO Ideas 21103) for €126.

It's a piece I'd love to own, being a huge fan of the films, but is it good value for money i.e. could I find it for cheaper in the future?

Assuming you buy the DeLorean, should it become cheaper in future you can always buy it and then travel back to the past and advise your past self not to buy it. But then by changing the past you won't have it in the future........or something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Id say thats top price. Seeing sealed in box for about £95 gbp. Is about the max. They were around 45 new when they came out. I think about 90-100 euro is a good price for these now. Will probably still increase as time goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 smarty_mcfly

Great Scott!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 smarty_mcfly

Inquitus wrote: »
    Assuming you buy the DeLorean, should it become cheaper in future you can always buy it and then travel back to the past and advise your past self not to buy it. But then by changing the past you won't have it in the future........or something

Great Scott!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Hi all,

Its a tough one to call, because it is a retired product. Its 401 pieces. The Ghostbusters Ecto-1 is 508 pieces and can be bought on Amazon for £56. If they re-release it sometime in the future, the price may come down a bit.

If you want it and you have the spare money, then sure you might as well. Or you could save it and wait to see if the release the train and get that when it comes out. Not as iconic as the DeLorean, but if it does get released, it should be of a decent size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Have a sealed one original edition with misprint would sell for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I can't believe it's so pricey already! Wow, it's RRP was €40

Willing to let that go for €100 now if anyones interested. Collection in Dublin City Centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Willing to let that go for €100 now if anyones interested. Collection in Dublin City Centre.

Hi,

Is this one like here !?
    http://shop.lego.com/en-IE/The-DeLorean-time-machine-21103

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

Have a sealed one original edition with misprint would sell for €150.

What is the misprint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

nc6000 wrote: »
    What is the misprint?
    a sticker says "sheild" rather than "shield"

I thought all sets has this, most of the early ones did anyway. I'm not sure if they issued a fixed version.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

rolion wrote: »

Hi,
    I quote myself...if is the same as in the link, i will pay you e100 tomorrow.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

a sticker says "sheild" rather than "shield"

I thought all sets has this, most of the early ones did anyway. I'm not sure if they issued a fixed version.

I'm not sure if they issued a fixed set, but if you emailed customer services they sent you a correctly spelled tile.

That is the one I have. I can meet in Dublin City Centre tomorrow(Friday) between 10 and 12 or 5 and 7.

Advertisement