Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return flights from Dublin to USA (San Francisco, Denver, Houston, Phoenix) from €317

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Look at the stopover though...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Music4life

Yes depending on where your going. Paris or Amsterdam mostly which only adds 2 to 3 hours onto your trip for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

Worth noting that Open Jaw flights seem to be the price too. I'm looking to do a road trip next year.

I priced flying into Chicago and out of San Francisco in April and it's €330 via Amsterdam with a small layover. That's pretty tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ste47

Could you show where you got this? I'm doing the same trip in April. I'm looking for the best deal on flights.
    lc180 wrote: »
    Worth noting that Open Jaw flights seem to be the price too. I'm looking to do a road trip next year.

I priced flying into Chicago and out of San Francisco in April and it's €330 via Amsterdam with a small layover. That's pretty tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭lc180

ste47 wrote: »
    Could you show where you got this? I'm doing the same trip in April. I'm looking for the best deal on flights.

Skyscanner has a multi- city option where you can choose:
    Flight #1 as Dublin - Chicago
    &
    Flight #2 as San Francisco - Dublin

It's beside the One way and Return options at the top of the search screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭L1985

You can go to Phoenix return for 335as well and nice layover....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

After missing out on my own BA to Tokyo, I pulled the trigger on this. Thanks OP, €664 for 2 to SF in June. Great deal.

Its Even went down in price for certain dates to 312€ http://www.flynous.com/cheap-return-and-open-jaw-flights-to-usa-from-e321/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

christeb wrote: »
    After missing out on my own BA to Tokyo, I pulled the trigger on this. Thanks OP, €664 for 2 to SF in June. Great deal.

Not just Air France deals either - also booked SF for two in June, with BA and AA - €650. Some dicey layovers on some schedules, but aside from an optimistic 40 minute connection in O'Hare coming back, this one seems quite civilised.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

It's a great price, killing me though, it's much cheaper to go to San Fran but I've to fly to Boston and it doesn't seem to be in their sale. Or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

any idea where/how to find cheap accommodation in San Fran? never been to america before and accommodation looks quite expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

any idea where/how to find cheap accommodation in San Fran? never been to america before and accommodation looks quite expensive.

Can confirm the Hotel Zephyr is lovely, modern, very well located, and as reasonably priced as you're going to find. I'm not long back from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

alastair wrote: »
    Not just Air France deals either - also booked SF for two in June, with BA and AA - €650. Some dicey layovers on some schedules, but aside from an optimistic 40 minute connection in O'Hare coming back, this one seems quite civilised.

(assuming inbound arrives on time) 40 mins same concourse in ORD is piss easy, but don't expect your bags to make that flight.

Different concourses its much more challenging.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭questionmark

fartyarse wrote: »
    Can confirm the Hotel Zephyr is lovely, modern, very well located, and as reasonably priced as you're going to find. I'm not long back from there.

thanks for the suggestion but 270 a night is way out of my budget , guess i'm going to have to pass on the awesomely cheap flights.

L1011 wrote: »
    (assuming inbound arrives on time) 40 mins same concourse in ORD is piss easy, but don't expect your bags to make that flight.

Different concourses its much more challenging.

It's codeshare AA for both flights, so the same terminal, but no idea if the concourse is the same. Not terribly optimistic about making it if the Dublin flight isn't delayed tbh, but presume there will be a Heathrow alternative later in the day, rather than have to overnight in Chicago. No expectation of baggage making it, but not bothered.

thanks for the suggestion but 270 a night is way out of my budget , guess i'm going to have to pass on the awesomely cheap flights.

Try Airbnb, and try Berkeley rather than SF for slightly better value for money. No way around it though, it's a pricey place to stay.

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭bloominballix

Just do what everyone else does in SanFran, sleep on the street!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

alastair wrote: »
    It's codeshare AA for both flights, so the same terminal, but no idea if the concourse is the same. Not terribly optimistic about making it if the Dublin flight isn't delayed tbh, but presume there will be a Heathrow alternative later in the day, rather than have to overnight in Chicago. No expectation of baggage making it, but not bothered.

I didn't actually notice the (quite important!) AA/BA bit in the post somehow.

They'll actually be different terminals let alone concourses as BA use the international terminal 5 (as do Aer Lingus, despite not needing to - AA and United flights to Ireland operate as domestic) and AA domestic flights use T3.

I'd be fairly confident you won't make it - but they should be able to rebook you via LHR or, depending on how the codeshare expansion goes, possibly even Aer Lingus home.

L1011 wrote: »
    I didn't actually notice the (quite important!) AA/BA bit in the post somehow.

They'll actually be different terminals let alone concourses as BA use the international terminal 5 (as do Aer Lingus, despite not needing to - AA and United flights to Ireland operate as domestic) and AA domestic flights use T3.

I'd be fairly confident you won't make it - but they should be able to rebook you via LHR or, depending on how the codeshare expansion goes, possibly even Aer Lingus home.

It's all AA on the way back (albeit on BA codeshare flight numbers), so same terminal for the connection. I still doubt it'll happen.

I booked directly through BA for 334€ in March! Happy days :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Deal I was looking at is gone now. Ah well.

sue97 wrote: »
    Deal I was looking at is gone now. Ah well.

What deal ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭normakelle

I am gutted went as far as payment page and didn't pull the trigger, cork to Dallas may 19 returning 9th of june from houston 686 for two on BA website nearly double that now.
    My brother lives in san antonio so decided to wait to ask him what time suited him best to bring us to houston. They will never come up at that price again

normakelle wrote: »
    I am gutted went as far as payment page and didn't pull the trigger, cork to Dallas may 19 returning 9th of june from houston 686 for two on BA website nearly double that now.
    My brother lives in san antonio so decided to wait to ask him what time suited him best to bring us to houston. They will never come up at that price again

You can find other dates with that price but be a bit tricky. Or else spend over 500 quid which isn't bad.

ya thanks what I really wanted was june as the pool on their complex only opens then and could have got them for 712 for two then which is a steal, was settling for end of may into june when the times I wanted were no longer available so will wait and hopefully something might show up as not tied to dates

have paid over 600 previously into san antonio so I knew this was a great deal.
    kicking myself. snooze you loose

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I was looking at Dublin to Dallas as well in June.

lesson learnt we need to move faster but when the british airways sale was going to be on for a while I decided to wait til the next day to book.

Advertisement