Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mens Footwear

Options
  • 17-12-2015 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭

18 year old lad who wants to wear something other than a pair of white converse.

Thinking of wearing Chelsea boots (brown suede/tan)
    I typically wear skinny/slim Jeans in black,mid wash blue or faded grey with a jumper/sweater or a patterned shirt.

Most lads I know wear roshes/runners in general, big fitting jeans, jack and Jones t shirt and a hoody.
    So Chelsea boots are unheard of!

Any ideas? What do you think of what I wear/would Chelsea boots suit or any alternative suggestions.

I'm from rural Galway so plaid shirts and box toe brown shoes are high fashion!
    I get asked where am I from because they assume I'm not from here. Or that I'm posh..

Anyways, any suggestions? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

They're not Chelsea boots but it's very hard to beat the Clarks Desert boot in sand suede in bang for the buck terms. You'll find them online for between €100-130

8811c96a583ffa24e26f760a6d4e0fe8.jpg

If you have a bit more to spend then take a look at Bobbies

chelsea-boots-fauve-l-horloger.jpg

Around the €300 mark is where you really start to get into the good stuff. Loake Kempton

tumblr_n4ssy6dVrG1swab9oo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Check Mango and Zara websites. Both have some interesting stuff for relatively cheap. Considering you are 18 I presume budget isn't unlimited. I'm not sure about men's stuff but shoes or leather products I got from Mango are fairly decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭mdudy

Seen a nice pair of black suede Chelsea boots in Topman two weeks ago. €55!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Theboybang

You sound like you dress quite like me OP! I have a pair of brown suede chelsea boots that I got in house of fraser (E 140) and can just about wear them with everything. Got a pair of navy monkstrap boots in zara (E 99) last week and I love them. I also bought a pair of gucci high-ups in kildare village which are fine casually! White converse are grand in the summer or when you're 15/16 but fashion moves on.

I'm the only person I know with chelsea boots as everyone wears desert boots which i'm not a huge fan of, so I'd highly recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

mdudy wrote: »
    Seen a nice pair of black suede Chelsea boots in Topman two weeks ago. €55!

Last shoes I bought there literally disintegrated after a few weeks! Buyer beware!

Clarks do good soft brown shoes and their prices are a good bit down on last year's sales by the looks of things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 StylePoetic

Aldo might be a good place to start if you're willing to spend three figures but can't stretch to something like the Boobies or Loakes.
    They do a nice Chelsea at the moment in a beige. I can't link here(grrrr) but check the Aldo.co.uk website for the Gallus boot.

If you're going for a leather Chelsea, I have a black pair from Kurt Geiger that I love and have worn better than any other pair of boots I've ever bought.

Failing that, ASOS always have a load of different brand Chelseas on their site. I personally wouldn't recommend the ASOS own brand from experience, but you might see something decent on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭wetlandsboy

If you could stretch, I would recommend a pair of Crockett and Jones. Fitzpatricks on Grafton St have some good deals on them at the mo. Wore Loake 1880s for some time, but they really aren't worth the money. C&J will set you back around €400+, but they will last a lifetime if you look after them (shoe trees, conditioner, etc.)

Advertisement