Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know what these are for?

Options
  • 17-12-2015 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

These came in a Kurt Geiger show box. Anyone know what they are for? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

MargeS wrote: »
    These came in a Kurt Geiger show box. Anyone know what they are for? :confused:

They often have them in the shoes in shops to keep the shape. Don't know why!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Dovies wrote: »
    They often have them in the shoes in shops to keep the shape. Don't know why!

Jeez they are badly cut pieces of plastic, there is no way I would use then in shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Jeez they are badly cut pieces of plastic, there is no way I would use then in shoes.

No me neither! The folded piece goes at the heel if I remember rightly

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're to help the shoe keep it's shape while in the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Maybe if I'd paid full price for the shoes I would have got the designer version rather then the badly cut plastic ones :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I saw a pair of the proper ones with the springs in Tiger for 3e - obviously not amazing quality but do the job fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Maybe if I'd paid full price for the shoes I would have got the designer version rather then the badly cut plastic ones :P
    My uneducated guess would be that the paper is first put into the shoe and then the plastic is added to keep it in the place. Someone probably tried your shoes on and was then to lazy to put the plastic bits back in place. Those can't be used unless there is paper or something similar stuffed into the bottom part of the shoe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

meeeeh wrote: »
    My uneducated guess would be that the paper is first put into the shoe and then the plastic is added to keep it in the place. Someone probably tried your shoes on and was then to lazy to put the plastic bits back in place. Those can't be used unless there is paper or something similar stuffed into the bottom part of the shoe.

There's normally a cardboard insert that goes into the toe box. The plastic thing goes between the back of the heel and the piece of cardboard so that the shoe keeps its shape. As you said, sometimes this is removed and the plastic things are left in the box.

Advertisement