Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Price images for County Council

Options
  • 17-12-2015 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

Hi,
    I know its been asked before about how to price images for use on web ect.
    I have been asked by my local county council could they use my images for promoting local tourism.
    I had a meeting with them and they have selected 6 images that they want to use on website/brochures/posters generally all advertising use.
    I said i didnt know what way to charge and we both said we would look into it.
    They said that they have a photographer that they get to cover some festivals from time to time and they pay him about 200e for taking the photos of the festival and they would use about 4 - 6 of the images.
    I have to send them off one image tonight that they want to get blow up into a 3mt x 2.5mts display which they will add their logo and other text.
    The person i had the interview with seemed very nice and said that they would be fair to me.
    They want to build up stock images and are keen to see more from me.
    Anyone have any experience with this kind of work?
    Thanks in advance.
    Steoc

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

There is no simple answer and no set rules.

I do a lot of work for my local council and the price will vary, depending on many factors - usage, time to take images, number of images, etc.

Some images are for their website/facebook/twitter, some for posters, some for editorial distribution, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭steoc

Thanks for taking the time to reply Paul.
    I will wait and see what they say.

Advertisement