Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do small businesses source their website designers/builders?

Options
  • 17-12-2015 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've done a few websites for GP's and have a good handle on what they need on their sites. Does anyone know how GP's would source their website designer/builder? Or indeed how does ANY small business source their website designer/builder (bar searching for 'website design' in a search engine).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'd say they use google, or they're just approached by sales people.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Rgb.ie

From personal experience, referrals. This has the added bonus of being able to ask the referees any straight questions about potential clients :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

many would build it themselves using services such as godaddy or wix

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭JMR

I've done a few websites for GP's and have a good handle on what they need on their sites. Does anyone know how GP's would source their website designer/builder? Or indeed how does ANY small business source their website designer/builder (bar searching for 'website design' in a search engine).

Personal references, word of mouth etc is the best way in my opinion.
    Ask your previous clients to provide your contact details to their colleagues in other GP practices. If they're happy with the work you've done they shouldn't have a problem.

I work with pharmacy owners and have found that it is a close community with many of them knowing each other and exchanging ideas on new products etc. I can only imagine the GP community is similar.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I am currently looking for a web designer and an apps developer for a project. Not for a GP practice but a small company.

• Advertisement
Advertisement