Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tarot

Options
  • 17-12-2015 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I booked a tarot reading for later today, and I'm a complete beginner.

I barely know the first thing about tarot. Can someone give me an indication of what to expect? I recently had a bereavement in my life, and it's actually not something I want to discuss with a stranger. I'm going mostly to satisfy my curiosity.

What kind of things get discussed at tarot readings? I've been told they're not psychic readings, so what are they?

Sorry to sound so clueless, I'm just looking for some basic information and your experiences of tarot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Derby Deasy

Just to give an update on this , for anyone considering a tarot reading.

It was mind-blowing. I'm not even going to say where I did it, in case someone thinks I'm shilling a tarot reader. And I won't PM details for the same reason. In fact, it wasn't even in Ireland.

I went to the place, and the person whom I had booked was unavailable. There was a woman standing in for him. She explained that she was not primarily a tarot reader, but a mystic and psychic, but that she would read my cards if i was happy.

Knowing nothing, I natually agreed.

The things she knew about me were incredible. Granted, I had made a booking in my real name, including surname, but she read things that even people within my family wouldn't know. There was even a very personal detail about a family member going to his grave with a certain flower in his hand, which happened in the privacy of a bedroom and no stranger could possibly have googled.

I was told not to expect a divinatory reading, and I didn't, but it just so happened that this woman claims to have psychic abilities as well as an ability to read tarot.

The woman reading my cards said other things, very personal things about family members and relationships outside the family, but in hindsight they could (plausibly) have been vague, but still a big coincidence. The thing about the flowers really got to me.

Anyone else ever hear something spooky or accurate in their tarot readings?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

tarot.com
    is a great site for tarot, i ching, numerology astrology etc, so inspirational and easy to use very positive and so many things there are completely free...: )
    I use it every so often so perhaps if someone knows nothing about it and wonders can be a good place to try it yourself and see if it is for you or not ..

For me it is like an inspiration but I am often surprised on the answers I get that relate to the question I had in mind.. haven't experienced anything spooky so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alexago

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'm going to visit a tarot reader for the first time and I'm excited. Now I know what to expect.

Advertisement