Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celica - Spare Tire Stuck in Boot

Options
  • 17-12-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I am having trouble with the spare tire in the boot of my car.
    When I'm trying to unscrew the bolt holding the wheel in place, it just goes round, but not coming off.

I don't really know what to do at this point, do I need to break the plastic bit of the bolt to take out the spare?

Thanks in advance.

Jager

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Wheelnut

I take it you have a vertical bolt which should be fixed in the floor of the boot but it's loose and turning. Can the end of the bolt be seen underneath the car? If so you could try a small jack on the ground under the bolt and screw it up to wedge the bolt.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,393 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The bolt wouldn't be actually going through the boot floor, just through a bracket.

Advertisement