Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on adjustment lever

Options
  • 16-12-2015 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi,

I just got this little Luch single hander. Original leather strap was lousy so stuck it on a better one I already had and am pleased with it so far. I have a question regarding which little lever I need to move to adjust the timekeeping.

23500876840_4a84e1ee27_c.jpg

Here's the little movement inside:

23428629479_fbce5fee96_c.jpg

And here's a closer look at the balance:

23428626829_26a368f08d_c.jpg

I've adjusted a Soprod and an ETA movement before but they had little dedicated eccentric screws and you couldn't go wrong. From the photo above you can see there's no adjusting screws here, just two little levers on the mechanism. The one to the left has the end of the balance spring attached to it. The one on the right has what looks like two brass rivets attached to it. I think it's the one on the left with the balance spring attached that I need to move, I'm guessing moving it clockwise will tighten the balance spring, speeding up the watch and anti-clockwise the opposite effect?

From what I've read there's a lever that you really don't want to touch that can mess things up if you don't know what you're doing and I think that's the lever to the right. (Adjusts how much the balance swings clockwise and swings anti-clockwise?)

Apologies for the really long version of a short question but I'm just basically thinking out loud here and trying to reason out the what's and why's of what I'm doing. I'm not looking for crazy precision from this little movement or anything, I'm just having a bit of fun and any sanity checks or pointers in the right direction much appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭hi5

No, you have it the wrong way around.

You move the lever on the right to regulate the timekeeping, move this lever right to speed it up and left to slow it down.
    The lever on the left adjusts the beat, you don't want to touch that or you will knock it off beat and will need a timing machine to correct it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

Cheers for that hi5, good job I asked the question before I messed things up! Thanks for the help.

Advertisement