Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get a suit like this!?

Options
  • 16-12-2015 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm getting married in March and want a nice suit. I was thinking something along this style but after going to Zara, M&S, Debenhams, Next, Boyers...I have been disappointed. I saw a nice grey suit in Debenhams as a go back to resort but ideally something like this if it looks good on would be great...

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/251146116698262303/

Anybody able to pinpoint a place for me to check out in Dublin?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,088 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Yes, forget the likes of Zara or Next - those suits will not be a great fit.

M&S are usually very good for the price you pay - but they tend to be very conservative in style and don't go much beyond plain navy, grey, etc.

TM Lewin is a step up; not a huge choice but great cloth and well made suits, not too pricey either.

If you've money to spend then you could try Hackett - bear in mind you'll be looking at dropping about 800 quid or so. But it's your wedding, and I'm guessing your wife-to-be is getting a dress that's gonna cost more than 800 quid right? :) Or if you are two dudes you could both splash out on expensive suits - just work it into your budget!

It's risky, but you can order online from Suitsupply - best range out there for the best price. They do free delivery and returns, so if the suit isn't the right size you can return it. Again, bear in mind that the only thing you need to get right is the fit across the shoulders, and the length of the jacket - everything else can be altered.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

Cool. Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to look into all in the next few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I heard on the radio there's a suit sale in Abrahams in South Anne Street.
    http://www.menswear.ie/
    I got my own wedding suit there and the quality and service was fantastic.
    Deffo worth a visit if you get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭phantasmagoria

Thanks guys.

Advertisement