Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childpaths Application for Creches

Options
  • 16-12-2015 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of their Creche using this application and what are peoples thoughts on this? Childpaths.ie is the website. From what I am aware it is only recently gone live in a number of crèches. The crèche that my child is in has plans to implement this in the new year where details can be stored such as drop off, collection times, food had during the day, activities, nappy changes, option to upload a photo during the day etc.

To me this sounds a good idea in principal but I would have major security concerns around the application in terms of hackability and in terms of the Creche owners or Parents login details getting into the wrong hands. There will be a large volume of data for someone to attain and use as they wish.

Outside of the security concerns I see this as a severe extra overhead for the crèche workers to have to fill in all this data on a daily basis, take pictures etc. Our Creche owner advises that all of the childrens information will be stored on the system even if we opt in or opt out. The only thing we have the option of opting in or out to is to download the app and pay the fee on a monthly basis. I would have thought legally the Creche would have to have each of the parents sign a disclaimer that it is okay to store the childs data on any system which is online.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Boca

Hi

The same app is being introduced in our crèche. Seemed like a good idea until I discovered we have to pay

Don't see why we should have to fork out to access the same information we already get (meals, nap times etc)

So if anyone is currently using it I'd be interested to know if it's worth the cost and if so what additional benefit it provides

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

Our crèche uses it. For me it's worth it to see the photos taken during the day - it's great to see what they're getting up to while we're at work!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Outside of the security concerns I see this as a severe extra overhead for the crèche workers to have to fill in all this data on a daily basis, take pictures etc.

they have to fill in that information any way. if its not on that system it,ll just be another system or good old fashioned pen and paper booklet (which then needs to be stored for years)

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Mzo1978

7euro a month
    We just got the forms for our little boy while I like the idea of seeing his development I to would have concerns about the amount of information that goes on it for people to hack in and steal especially the pictures ��

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭shane b

Hi
    The creche my daughter is in introduced this system this year. Similar cost as above and we got a months free trail to see if we were happy with it before signing up to it. Get the creche to run an information evening/tutorial/Handput on it as we were just told download the app and figure it out for yourself. The 2 minute video on you tube is not really adequate. It also allows the user to send messages to the creche but this under the user profile which wasn't explained to us.
    We noticed a few things since its introduction are:
    the photos uploaded are dependant on the quality of the camera on the tablet ie if the tablet camera is not great the photos may not be great or if the tablet falls/breaks there may be no photos at all.
    We used to get a quick run down of our daughters behaviour when we would pick her up and that changed to "shes fine its all on the app".
    Staff may forget to upload information on the system, it was really noticeable when our daughter was toilet training and she would have wet clothes home and nothing recorded on the app.
    The points above may seem critical but its a learning curve for staff and parents alike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement