Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kies bricked my tab4

Options
  • 16-12-2015 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭

my tab has been telling me to upgrade for a few weeks.

Tried it a few times on my home PC and kept encountering errors, tried it on my laptop - same thing. The procedure just stops halfway says there was an error.

Tried it on my work PC just now and it is stuck in a screen
    "firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in kies and try again"

But keis is now saying it is not compatible with this tablet and won't connect.

Its a galaxy tab 4 8" and kies 3 software on the PC.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Try recovery mode on the device? hold down volume+power button

• Registered Users Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭thegreatiam

did already, just goes black then back to the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Try Volume Up, Power Button and Home Button at the same time.

managed to get onto their chat, have to try again tomorrow

Forgot about this thread, but I might as well update in case anyone else has similar issue

I got onto Samsung CS via web chat, who arranged a phone call the next day from a UK engineer.
    Had to download the remote software so he could take use of the device, he was then able to reset everything. and reboot. Had to pretty much wiped everything off, but most was backed up so reinstall was easy enough.

• Advertisement
Advertisement