Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which tights with a black faux leather skirt?

Options
  • 16-12-2015 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi ladies!

Just wondering if any of you could recommend a particular type/brand, shade and denier of tights to wear with a matt black faux leather skirt? The skirt is a little above knee length. I tried it on in the shop whilst wearing 40 denier black tights and it didn't look right with those... other than those, I only have heavier tights at the moment and I'm thinking that something more sheer would look much better and dressier.

With Christmas coming up, I don't want to spend loads on different types of tights to try with it so if anyone could recommend specific ones that they've worn with similar skirts, that would be brilliant! Thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭mollymaloney

262-enia-dots-diamonds-patterned-fashion-tights-by-veneziana.html

I think the grey might provide a nice contrast and give a more subtle tone to the black skirt.

http://www.dressmylegs.ie/1464-large_leodres/enia-dots-diamonds-patterned-fashion-tights-by-veneziana.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Depending on the occasion, coloured tights like red, blue, etc. can look great with leather.

Very fine stockings, only with a very elegant, feminine shoe.

Or thick opaque black, dark or patterned for that Goth vibe.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭heathersissy79

I'd say it also depends on the colour of the shoes you're wearing. If you're wearing black heels then sheer black tights would look good (as would patterned or fishnets tights). If you want to be a bit more daring and wear red or white heels (or any other colour really) then I'd go for sheer nude tights.

I'd say buy some cheap tights in Penneys and try out a few looks but if you want a very good quality pair check out The Tights Department.

They've a Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TightsDept/?fref=ts

Advertisement