Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Western red cedar supply

Options
  • 16-12-2015 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might be able to source some cheap western red cedar. I need it in lengths of approx 7 ft. width doesn't matter too much.
    Reclaimed wood is always good too (used cladding etc)

For context, this will be used to make a hollow wooden surfboard, I would like to use reclaimed wood and try keep the cost as low as possible.
    The boards will be ripped down to about 7mm thick for the skins that fit over the frame so relatively good quality is needed but knots aren't much problem as the whole thing will be fiberglassed.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

Abbey Woods in Baldoyle or Cork may have it but wont be reclaimed but they might point you in the right direction

Advertisement