Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway - Alternative shops, crystals, ethnic clothing and crafts

Options
  • 15-12-2015 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi All,
    As per the title I'm looking to find alternative shops in the Galway area for a last minute Crimbo gift buying session. Also craft shops as I looovvveeee anything crafty but no idea where to look.
    Living in Roscommon and there's hardly anything around where I am.
    Possibly after some ethnic cotton trousers, hand crafted wood thingies etc..?
    Checked on google but just can't seem to find much to point me in the right direction sadly.
    I know Dublin has more than it's fair share of alternative shops but thought Galway might be a bit more eclectic too. :-)
    Thanks for any suggestions. :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

Amber on Mary St. and Elements in the Old Malt Arcade are both worth a look for crystals and new-agey stuff. My Shop...Granny Likes It (thats the actual name of the shop) on Abbeygate St. for a random assortment of gifts and crafts. Also worth a look is Galway Crafts and Collectibles in the Eyre Sq. Centre they have antiques and curiosities as well as local handmade stuff.

Also you might want to post in the Galway City board for more answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 AthenaCottage

Hi There Rolllo,
    Really appreciate all your suggestions - that's really helpful. :-)
    We will be over today and defnitely pop into Granny Likes It - great name! :-)
    Thanks again for your help.

No problem. It looks in my post like I'm saying I own the shop haha. The name of the shop is 'My Shop...' but it's well worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭TreasureBin

If you're still looking, there's Wooden Heart on Quay Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement