Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Homeless

Options
  • 15-12-2015 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Anyone see The TV3 program on now a guy seeing what its like to be homeless in Dublin

Did you see the Guard asking him why he came to the biggest kip in the world

Well it really annoyed me to hear a guard describing my city as such especially when this city provides him with employment and a living

mylesm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It's tough watching this. You can see how people get trapped and can't do anything to break the cycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Very generous donation from the priest.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I'm fairly sure this is a repeat from last year, I remember that priest donation

The young student with the food was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

mylesm wrote: »
    Anyone see The TV3 program on now a guy seeing what its like to be homeless in Dublin

Did you see the Guard asking him why he came to the biggest kip in the world

Well it really annoyed me to hear a guard describing my city as such especially when this city provides him with employment and a living

mylesm

I'd imagine if you spent a few nights in the best with that garda you'd soon take off your rise tinted glasses. Dublin is not a nice place and that gard probably deals with crap you can't even imagine in your fair city....... .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

screamer wrote: »
    I'd imagine if you spent a few nights in the best with that garda you'd soon take off your rise tinted glasses. Dublin is not a nice place and that gard probably deals with crap you can't even imagine in your fair city....... .

Very true. I worked off grafton street until mid last year. When you take the rose tinted glasses off the amount of homeless is shocking. A lot of them are young and dress similar to students except they have their possessions in their back packs not college books. Disgraceful state this country is currently in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,347 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Stheno wrote: »
    I'm fairly sure this is a repeat from last year, I remember that priest donation

The young student with the food was lovely

It has been repeated many times with title changed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Is this show not at least 3-5 years old. Another case of TV3 marketing a repeat as a new show.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

TV3 have shown this as "Homeless at christmas/Easter/Halloween/Patricks Day/every other holiday imaginable"and every time it pops up I am still flabbergasted that the eejit paid the guts of a tenner for a cooked breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭mylesm

screamer wrote: »

That in no way excuses what he said there was no crap being dealt with at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

technocrat wrote: »
    Very generous donation from the priest.

ya, here's 20 quid now get out of my sight :rolleyes: no words of compassion at all from him

• Advertisement
Advertisement