Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Search for an Auto with a Black Dial

Options
  • 15-12-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all,

I'm on the lookout for an automatic watch with a black dial. I recently came across Martenero watches, and have my eye on the "Ascent" line, with a black dial, and light blue second hand.

I have two questions to ask of you all:
    1. What is the Miyota 9015 movement like? I've seen Miyota movements on cheaper watches, so want to know just how much of a mark up I am looking at with this watch.
    2. Any recommendations for similarly styled watches? I really do like the appearance of this particular watch, which is half the battle I've faced in my search to date.

The aforementioned watch can be found here (can't post full links due to my low post count):
    http://martenero.com/collections/watches/products/ascent

Thanks,
    TP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭bbbbb

Not familiar with that brand.
    I would look at something like a tissot visodate or seiko sarx017

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Mredsnapper

Hi,

I must admit I'd never heard about them until your post either. Bear in mind that if you order from the states you will be liable for an additional 23% vat. So these could get pricey rather quickly. As per above Seiko and Tissot are also options. Apart from a black dial and auto movement what other features are you looking for? If you want a black dialled chronograph then an option might be a Junghans. What's your budget?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Yea TP budget is everything. I too would be staying more local within the EU to avoid extra costs.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

img59916968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭art

It's an elegant looking watch, and the Miyota is certainly a good, reliable movement, but you can get yourself a Bambino for nearly a fifth that asking price: http://www.creationwatches.com/products/orient-automatic-288/orient-bambino-classic-automatic-er2400lb-mens-watch-6420.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Not crazy about that Martenero OP but to be honest I'm not really into the microbrand watches. $595 is way overpriced and by the time the taxman has his way with you the landed price will probably be nearly €800. You'll also struggle to sell it on - when established brands like TAG drop like a stone once you walk out the door you can imagine how poor the resale value will be on a microbrand that's been open six months and few have heard of.

Black dial automatic is a pretty broad definition but there are two Seikos that I quite like, the sporty SARG013

sarg013-a_1024x1024.jpg?v=1410424456

and the dressier SARB033

s_sarb033j_1024x1024.jpeg?v=1372736278

Advertisement